mino howto for email issue -> a couple things

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:50:09 -0500

There are a couple things I need some help on before I
would like to submit a mini howto/ summary in dealing with
configuring your MTA to deliver mail thru a cox connection.

1. I would like a section on ipchains. David was kind enough to write
the section for iptables, but the syntax for ipchains escapes me
since I have not used either in years. Anyone?

2. I would also like to include a section for pfctl in OpenBSD.
I understand both items 1 & 2 have nothing to do with configuring
an MTA, but I believe David's suggestion/option for NAT should
be included......and therefore pfctl for thoroughness.

I have tried the following in pf
rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any port 25 -> smtp.west.cox.net port 25

with no success (I even flushed my rules). It is my understanding I should
not have to configure sendmail with the smarthost if the packets are redirected.

v/r
-mike