Tired of Being Screwed By Cox (no pun intended)

Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:03:43 -0700 (MST)

Am 17. Jun, 2003 schw=E4tzte Mike Starke so:

> What I see more benefit from is having them open
> 25 going the other way! I had loads of uses for that ability
> until they shut me down....I am able to skirt the port 80 issue
> by running on something higher, but can not find a similar solution
> for smtp (e.g run mail on a higher port?).

Try using SSMTP, SMTP over SSL. It's port 465 and I've never heard of it
being blocked. I think all the main SMTP daemons support it.

Haven't actually tried it myself, but more and more mail servers are adding
support.

Once you have that working get someone who has port 25 available to be an M=
for you and they can forward mail from servers that don't support SSMTP :).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The
#  login ID was "HELLO" and the passwd "CYMBAL". She says "cymbal" is
#  Polish for "sucker". "Hello sucker" a greeting from AOHell :).