Tired of Being Screwed By Cox (no pun intended)

Michael Sheldon plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:09:16 -0700

>Do you use SpamAssassin?  It is trivially easy to set up, even on a
>relay-only server.  If you want to know how (it took me quite a
>while to get
>it really easy), let me know.

Spamassasin is nice, but does have a significant false-positive rate. Since
it primarily filters on content, most legit commercial email (Order
receipts, order status messages, commercial mailing lists, etc.) get
"whacked" by it.

This means it really can only be used as a "tagging" agent, not as a means
to reject or discard mail. Which of course, means that you have to accept,
then hand filter through the trash. I love it for it's ability to prioritize
things for me, but it's not a true solution for spam.

Michael J. Sheldon
http://www.desertraven.com/
Make a fast friend, adopt a greyhound!