Tired of Being Screwed By Cox (no pun intended)

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
17 Jun 2003 18:35:15 -0700

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 18:16, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> Let me start by making clear - I *HATE* the fact that innocent users like
> the list members get punished for the acts of spammers.  I really, really
> wish that it were not so.
>
> Let me continue by saying "Bravo!" to Cox.  If SBC and RoadRunner (the two
> big players here in Austin for broadband) would do the same thing, it would
> make life much, much better.
>
> The reasons Cox gives are true - it is cheap and easy to get a broadband
> connection and send millions and millions of spams through some numb-nut's
> open relay before any abuse team gets wind of it and shuts you down.  I
> think it's peachy that Cox is trying to put the kibosh on spammers.
>
> I do hate that we have to pay, though.  The up side is that it is trivially
> easy to set your mail server to send through theirs.
-----
1 - agreed
2 - agreed
3 - agreed
4 - agreed

it's better to have all the mail sent to a local mail server and direct
the local mail server to use smtp.west.cox.net - only 1 configuration
item should ever need changing on any computer in my house.

A lot of whining going on here...

Craig