GnuCash in debian testing

shadow plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:26:20 -0700

Liberty Young wrote:

> i'm using debian testing, and i want to install gnucash..however,
> apt-get install gnucash doesn't work, though stable does have an earlier
> version.
>
> Any thoughts? I'd rather not try to compile it myself, as it's a
> complicated beast to config and meet dependencies.

GnuCash is not available in testing right now.  At some point the 1.7.x
release was removed in anticipation of the 1.8.x release.  1.8.x did not
enter testing due to dependency problems.  The problems have been
resolved and all packages are ready for testing now, but it's up to the
package maintainer to bless the release with holy penguin pee.

I believe that the 1.6.x stable release will work if you download and
manually install the deb package.  Otherwise, check apt-get.org for
unofficial 1.8.x packages for testing.

--
Chris Lewis
shadow@digitalnirvana.com