Comparing two image files

DARREN BROWN plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:43:23 +0000

Question, I have two 1 GB image files that I would like to compare.  The
thing is I want to see a side by side output of the differences.

I have tried cmp, but it stops at the first difference and the man page does
not show how to get pass that.

I have tried diff, but I do not know how the diff -sidebyside works or what
the command should look like.  In fact diff as so many options, I'm not sure
which one is a good one.

The one thing about man pages is there is no example of the command line or
the an expected output.  Now some of them to have this, but the two I need
don't.  Any help would be grateful.....

Regards,
Fuman

aka Darren