How To Replace GNOME with KDE

Cap Bateman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
13 Jun 2003 18:09:52 -0700

--=-bJ7VIOPF81LiZYiOhGVq

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 17:51, Frank Mandato wrote:
>   It's in there: "Red Hat Linux switchdesk 3.9" is all I get back, I
> don't know what modules to look for, but gnome works fine, I just can't
> get KDE to load.
>=20
>   Thanks
>=20
>   FrankM

It's perhaps not the most elegant solution, but the method I use on my
MDK 9.1 system:

1) System is set to boot to the command prompt (no auto-starting X)
2) Gnome is set as default when X starts.
3) Mandrake has the following alias already created:

	alias kde=3D'xinit /usr/bin/startkde'

4) Type 'startx' to run Gnome or type 'kde' to start KDE

--=20
D.L. 'Cap' Bateman
Registered Linux User #268440, Machine #151687
No trees were harmed in sending this Earth-safe message.
However, a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.

--=-bJ7VIOPF81LiZYiOhGVq

--=-bJ7VIOPF81LiZYiOhGVq--