How To Replace GNOME with KDE

Frank Mandato plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
13 Jun 2003 17:33:31 -0700

  Here are the messages that I get attempting to start X after selecting
switchtool and KDE:

Marker: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default settings
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational
        (WW) Warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown
(==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time stamp and date follow,
(==) using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86onfig,

~/.Xclients: line 8: ~/Xclients-default: no such file or directory
~/.Xclients: line 8: exec: ~/.Xclients-default: cannot execute: no such
file or directory

  When I looked in the .Xclients files they were both empty.

  ~/.Xlients
  ~/.Xclients-$hostname:0.0

  As of this moment I do not have any .Xclients files in my ~directory.

  The switchtool creates the .Xclients file but does not put anything in
them.

  Thanks

  FrankM