How To Replace GNOME with KDE

Frank Mandato plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
13 Jun 2003 16:45:07 -0700

  My X86 problem is a little different, when I want to use KDE and
select it using RH's desktop switcher, my system totally goes nuts.

  Here it is: RH 9, installed both Gnome and KDE. When I switch to KDE
the X server refuses to start, the error message that I get says that
the X server may still be running.

  I su to root, start up the X server --- no problem, Gnome comes up
nicely. I then go into my ~/home/user directory, delete 2 Xclients files
and, voila, when I log back in as the regular user, Gnome starts up ok.

  I installed all but 2 KDE packages on install, the ones I did not
install had to do with network switching.

  Any ideas what may be wrong? KDE? Probably something that I
overlooked.

  Thanks

  FrankM