mysql vs. postgresql

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:56:40 -0500

Mighty tempting subject line for some of you, but
here is where I am at:

I am looking for some "recent" unbiased comparisons
for the two db servers. I have been tempted to port
over to postgresql after years of faithful service
w/mysql, but have yet to find a reason.

I have read many articles, but none appear to be up-to-date.
They all complain about mysql not having this and that. That
was 2 versions ago.

Again, intelligent recent unbiased comparisons is what I am looking for.
I also want to keep in mind the average installation is not
handling the transactions one see's down there at NASDAQ:
I am thinking of a db server for a small company (50-250 people),
business apps (GNUe) and web work (apache/perl|php).

v/r
-mike