AOL blocking Cox IPs

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:00:52 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Thanasis Kinias on 6/12/2003 10:58 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ Greetings,
\_
\_ Just to keep things interesting, this morning AOL has begun rejecting e-mail
\_ from Cox broadband IP addresses.  Here's the message:

As an amusing follow up to this, this morning I got mail saying that
cox was going to start blocking outbound connections to port 25 in an
effort to curtail spam.  Retrieval not affected.

As far as I can tell, that'll stop the stupid spammers and make life a
bit more inconvenient until folks set up some amusing iptable rules or
ssh tunnels with a receptive PD server.

If you trusted cox to deliver your email in a timely way like you
trust them not to hose the DNS, then all you need is a valid resolvabe
from address and use pop.<region>.cox.net .

http://support.cox.net/custsup/email/email_info.shtml
http://support.cox.net/custsup/email/settingup.shtml

David