status of Mandrake Linux (was: Convince me about Debian)

Scott H plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:15:31 -0700 (PDT)

Mandrake has not really "gone under".  They filed
for chapter 11 bankruptcy - in effect a
reorganizing status where they can get debts off
their back and put up a plan for profitability.
Many companies do this and come out fine.  This
was in January.  It remains to be seen if they
will pull out of it, and I haven't read anything
lately, but their new CEO seems to be taking big
steps to cut costs and bring them back.

.