Good Bye Gnome, Hello KDE, I hope

George Gambill plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:20:11 -0700

I want to change from Gnome to KDE (RH 8).  I have been lead to believe
Gnome (at least under LTSP) has a memory leak.

I thought I could insert the RH 8 CD, boot, select upgrade with the
customize box checked and then down stream a ways (in the screens) select
(check) KDE with some minor shuck'n and jive'n after the upgrade.  As I go
through the screens (Tree View), nothing is checked.  I expected to see the
existing packages checked.  I canceled.

Is there an easier way?  FWIW, this box happens to be an LTSP server.  This
is the box I hope to bring to the next InstallFest for demonstration (LTSP)
purposes, if that an LTSP demo is deemed worthy.

Thanks

George Wayne Gambill ...  Registered Linux User: #311028