Kmail question

Richard L. Proctor plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:00:44 -0700

On Sunday 08 June 2003 8:25 pm, Frank Burton wrote:
> I just setup Kmail as my email client and everytime I access my pop
> server(cox) I am asked for my password. Is there a way I can just hit get
> mail and not be asked for my password. I have used Ximian Evolution and it
> doesn't require it every time I access the server but it is huge and I am
> on an old box so kmail is quicker. So what I am looking for is an answer
> for my question or a good lightweight email client that is easy  to setup
> with gkrellim that doesn't require a password every time. I know its a
> little thing but I want what I want which is why I use linux.
> BTW I am running Suse 8.2 PRO on a Compaq Laptop with a 533 MHZ Celeron

Frank,

Since your using Blackbox,  I am not sure if this will work graphically or
not.  But in Kmail where you configure the pop servers there is a check box
that you can check to remember the password.

Click on Settings, Configure Kmail,  Select the Network Icon, Recieving Tab,
Select your incoming pop account and click modify.  You should see "Store pop
password in configuration file" and check that.  That's all there is to it.

--
Richard L. Proctor
Krystal Computer Services