Web server on Cox

W. E. Brooks plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
10 Jun 2003 18:04:00 -0700

If you change the port that the Apache Web Server uses to 8090
then the url to get to your server would be:
http://www.yoursite.com:8090
If you don't like making everyone include the port number in the url
then that can be avoided by using ZoneEdit.
ZoneEdit (www.zoneedit.com) provides a web forwarding service that will
allow visitors to access your site by using www.yoursite.com. ZoneEdit
will forward all web hits for www.yoursite.com to www.yoursite.com:8090.
For this to work, you must own the domain name yoursite.com. ZoneEdit's
forwarding service is free if your web-site does not have much activity.

W. E. Brooks
Webknowledge Consultants