project suggestions

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:41:13 -0700 (MST)

Alan Dayley said:
> Liberty Young wrote:
>> derek,
>>
>> Perhaps you can have an "Intro" class at the next plug-devel
>> meeting...give us all chance to see what we'd be getting into, answer
>> questions directly, outline your ideas a litle more, etc. etc.
>>
>> It's easier to say "I'll do it!" in a list format, but i'd have a more
>> realistic answer after attending one class.
>
> We already have a volunteer presenter lined up for the next Devel
> meeting on August 4th.  However, we could:
>
> A. Have an Intro to GNUe meeting on a different, sooner date as the
> standard PLUG meeting or a special meeting.  I could probably get Adtron
> to provide the facility or we could do it elsewhere.
>
> OR
>
> B. Negotiate to trade the presentation already on tap for August 4th for
> a presentation by Derek.  It is a long ways off, though.

I prefer in many ways to not eat up PLUG presentation time or PLUG-DEVEL
time for an intro at this point.  I have done such a presentation (east
side) within the last 12 months so don't want monopolize time.  I have no
problem doing like most professors do and have a short 'syllabus' type
meeting.  To go over GNUe basics/philosophy and what the 4 week class
would entail.

I have insane scheduling, but one of my committments (Coaching Director of
Local Soccer Club) is in a lull during July/August.  So I would love to do
the classes July - August (maybe last 3 weeks July first 2/3 weeks August)

Tuesday and Thursday nights work best for me, so would have to look at
those being optimal.  I suspect the location will be Tempe, seeing how the
facility that might be willing to offer training room is located there.

If there really is a ground swelling (which the response is already more
than I expected)  I might look at making it 2 week class Tuesday &
Thursday night.  Then perhaps could offer two such sessions before my
schedule goes nuts.  I'm flexible to get most people there as possible.

-Derek