project suggestions

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:51:02 -0700 (GMT)

Sounds like a perfect project for GNUEnterpise.  He could have Windows clients on a GNUe backend running on Linux.  Check it out at gnue.org.

Alan

-------Original Message-------
From: Mike Starke <meg@lilly.csoft.net>
Sent: 06/10/03 11:32 AM
To: plug <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Subject: project suggestions

> I have a client/friend who owns a plumbing/fixture supply
business. He is in the process of moving to another building
because of his growth/success. His entire business operates
on thousands and thousands of Excel spreadsheets. Every time
you go to sell a fixture(s) a spreadsheet is created from a template,
and that becomes the scratch sheet for a bid, then the invoice.
It really is ugly.

He knows it is time to consider other options before this
system implodes on itself.

Personally, I would like to see a PostGreSQL or MySQL backend
to either a Perl or PHP web interface. We are wide open for suggestions.
This includes commercial software as well.

He has been a die-hard Windows fan/user, however, he would consider
other options providing it meets his business needs and budget. I would
like to hear
some suggestions providing they are in the context of this project.

v/r
-mike