oracle on Debian, et al.

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:40:50 -0500

1. I understand Oracle is available on Linux and would like to
   install it on a Debian machine. Two question:
   a. could anyone explain their licensing scheme for a home-based
     system.
   b. direct me to a download page if it is available free. Their
      site is terribly confusing to navigate for such items.

2. Sevcond question, and a bit off this topic: Is it because Debian
   is not your traditional commercial Linux distribution that you do not
   see "supported" in most tables of supported distributions? And secondly,
   since I am a Debian snob, when it says something about Redhat Advanced Server,
   what does this have to offer above the regular Redhat?

   I do not want to begin a distro thread. I am simply ignorant to the naming
   schemes distro's other than what I use.
v/r
-mike