Website

Fri, 6 Jun 2003 02:06:23 -0700 (MST)

Am 02. Jun, 2003 schw=E4tzte Linux Lover so:

> What has been up with PLUG's website? It is down far more than it is up.
> One would think that it was running on IIS.

I was told there are problems when sitting behind m$ firewalls/dns caches,
sometimes.

I figured this was due to the primary nameserver being unavailable ( Cox
thinks 5 days is enough time for dns caches to clear, even if the first
notice you get is at the end of 5 days when the old IPs suddenly stop
working ).

Got things fixed, but propagation wasn't happening properly and in the end
the main server went out twice in one weekend on 2 different hardware
problems ( don't you love redundant breakdown? ).

Not excuses, just a history.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Magic is science unexplained. - der.hans