debian upgrade problem

Alexander Henry plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:00:34 -0700

Nick Estes wrote:

>>3. apt-get dist-upgrade
>>
>>To understand a bit the difference between an upgrade and a dist-upgrade
>>see here:
>>http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html#s-dist-upgrade

I regularly do upgrades to unstable.  Just did one last night.

xscreensaver is still kept back.
cups was broken since the last upgrade.  It was fixed this upgrade.
fonts were updated.  The green-on-black terminal window looks much
better, but mozilla is a little more jaggy in some places.
a few upgrades ago, kde refused to install properly.  I could have
switched to a previous version of kde, but I chose to switch to a badly
arranged form of gnome until kde was done properly.

unstable always has its share of problems.  And when I first went from
stable to unstable, it was a bit of a hurdle getting things running
right.  So don't give up.

Good luck,
Alexander