debian upgrade problem

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 17:19:49 -0500

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:17:23PM -0500, Mike Starke wrote:
/_I wanted to go from 'woody' to unstable (sid?) so I changed
/_my sources.list to point to unstable and then issued the command
/_'apt-get update' then 'apt-get upgrade'.
/_
/_I have successfully downloaded all the new .debs but upgrade chokes
/_with the following message:
/_
/_E: This installation run will require temporarily removing the essential
/_package libpam-modules due to a Conflicts/Pre-Depends loop.
/_This is often bad, but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak option.
/_E: Internal Error, Could not early remove libpam-modules
/_
well, I got past my initial post: Just went in a did a 'dpkg -i libpam*'
and then I was able to continue as normal.

YTwo other problems:

1. GNUCash fails to load. All I get is the error:
gnucash: [W] "failure loading "#f

2. slapd is giving me the fits. I can not unistall my old one to install
the new. How can I force dpkg to not even know about the
currently installed version (or be able to uninstall it)?

-mike