Mounting Windows Shares Automatically (at boot, at login)

George Gambill plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:15:06 -0700

The mount command:

   mount -t smbfs -o username=UserName,password=UserPassword
//HostName/HoseShare /mnt/WinMountPoint

works very well.  However, it is a manual effort and I would like to be able
to issue such a command automatically:

A) At boot time

B) At login time according to (which share to mount) who logged in.

Where to hide such commands has so far eluded me.  My questions are:

1) Where to hide them so they are issued at boot?

2) Where to hide them so they are issued at login?

3) Can fstab be used for the boot portion?  If so, how?

FYI, RedHat 8.0, KDE

Thanks

George Wayne Gambill ...  Registered Linux User: #311028