More on MandrakeSoft bankruptcy

technomage plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:31:08 -0700

tell you what...
can you try to see it from my perspective here?

lets see:
I get $572 a month in disability.
from that, I remove $300.00 in rent leaving me with $272.00
ok, now I have to pay out my internet costs ($55.00). that leaves me with
$217.00.
ok, now from this amount, I remove the costs I have for food (roughly $150.00
a month for good food, not that junk stuff). so far, I have about $67.00
left. I remove $20.00 from that for my health insurance (you can thank
medicare for not allowing an increase, which means I am now saddled with that
amount I didn't have to pay before). this leaves me with $47.00 each month.
how am I supposed to pay even the lowest base membership with mandrake on
this?

you know what that $47.00 is for me? thats either some new clothes, new
shoes, transportation expenses (it costs to ride the bus or take
dial-a-ride). after everything gets said and done, I'm lucky I even have
enough left by the end of the month to even enjoy a movie (not that often).

pile on all of this the fact that I have been trying to find work for more
than 3 years in the IT sector and have had no luck, period. So, pardon if I
sound a bit frustrated.

in any case, I am one of the "lower class" people you hear about. can't get
work, can't get off disability and can't even afford to live (but I still
try).

Technomage