redhat network problems

bs plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:16:08 -0700

ease excuse this newbie's ignorance but I have RTM and I still can't get
my two Redhat 7.3 boxes to talk to eachother. I can ping from one to the
other but everything else is refused. Nmap shows just a few ports open.

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA31 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
 Interesting ports on stimpy (192.168.39.1):
(The 1547 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
113/tcp    open        auth
199/tcp    open        smux
678/tcp    open        unknown
1024/tcp   open        kdm
1026/tcp   open        nterm
6000/tcp   open        X11

*pinging localhost shows*
Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA31 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
 Interesting ports on localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1):
(The 1546 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
113/tcp    open        auth
199/tcp    open        smux