I heard that the web was slow today.

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:19:15 -0700 (MST)

Actually it seems Saturday was the slow day.  Despite my trying to
eliminate the Evil Empires, constraints on my computing.  My Bank
(shamedly Bank of America) was hit and hit hard by this.  While I do
respect that I can use Galeon on GNU/Linux to do virtually every
transaction fathomable online, I must say I am disappointed that this worm
shut down their ATMs and online banking for nearly 12 hours on Saturday.
:(

( http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/030127/72/36uj8.html )  Seeing how I'm an
ARIZONA customer that had online banking to do, contrary to BofA's
statement, I could not get to my online services from about 7am Saturday
until 8am Sunday.  Their webpage was up, but stated that overload would
render the site unusable to please try back later. (Yes its time to change
banks)

-Derek