160 GB win/linux storage

Gene Holmerud plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:27:46 -0800 (PST)

--0-131724363-1043645266=:50288

Harddrive bkup/restore product TureImage 6.0 recognizes NTFS and EXT2 & 3.  It runs under windoz and will read lots of filesystems.  So far, I've only tried dumping NTFS (and am having trouble writing CDs, the error msgs suggest a better quality media [than Kodak Gold?]), but my ext2 partition is my next task.
Gene
 Austin Godber <godber@uberhip.com> wrote:> So far as having 2000 be able to read ext2, I've never heard of such a
> thing. If you find something like that, please post a link.

I have never seen a way to mount a linux partition from windows but the
program explore2fs will allow you to browse through an ext2/3 partition
and copy files ... even write them.

http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm

--Austin