LAMP web server

Liberty Young plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
17 Jan 2003 16:04:52 -0700

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 14:05, Eric Lee Green wrote:

> But a) it's a pain in the $W#%@ to get
> the distro pared down to the point where the "X" libraries and associate
> bloat aren't needed on your hard drive, and b) the system is a pain in the
> #$@%@ to manage once you get it pared to that point.

I agree...paring down a Big distro to fit a _smaller_ niche need is a
pain and hardly worth doing. When fitting linux onto our single board
computers, my target point was down near 10 MB. I didn't even try
pairing down my desktop; instead i went with LinuxFromScratch; that
scaled very nicely.

Though, i wouldn't put LFS onto my desktop. I have more important things
to do with my time than upkeep that, and i can save that time by using
(insert your big name distro of choice here).