LAMP web server

Eric Lee Green plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:36:24 -0700

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 02:24 pm, Garrett wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Not trying to fan the flames here, but I am curious. What do you mean by
> "manage" the system? Are you gathering statistics via SNMP or something
> along those lines? Also, to automate logins to remote systems, would
> Perl/Expect and ssh solve the problem?
>
> Just my curiosity, not trying to tell you (or the business) how to operate.

That, unfortunately, goes further than I should say. Let us just say that this
was part of a special purpose cluster, and that we needed to manage things
that did not exist until we wrote them, as well as the standard Red hat
things.

--
Eric Lee Green          GnuPG public key at http://badtux.org/eric/eric.gpg
          mailto:eric@badtux.org  Web: http://www.badtux.org