Linux for the Greens

Lee Einer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:29:26 -0700

Hi, all-

Would any of you be interested in meeting with the Maricopa County Green
Party regarding the possibility of their transitioning  from MS Windows
to the Linux OS?  I have been invited to meet with some Green volunteers
on Monday, January 27th, at 6:00PM to discuss their technology issues
and the possibility of transitioning to Linux. As I bring more
enthusiasm than  technical knowledge to the table, it would help quite a
bit if any of you more IT literate  folk would join me.. It is possible
that we will be forming an IT subcommittee. The Maricopa Greens
currently use the MS Windows OS. Their chief practical concerns are
website creation and maintenance (for which they are currently using MS
FrontPage) and a database tailored for use by non-profits. They are
currently planning to utilize the  Ebase database, which is
Windows-centric, but there are other competing databases available, such
as Convio, which appears to be Linux based, and E-Tapestry and
DonorPerfect, which are available in web-based versions.

Any of you who are interested in attending, and/or volunteering to
assist, please let me know-

Thanks!

Lee Einer

[Note: this post is not intended to trigger a debate on the merits of
the respective political parties- it is about assisting an organization
in transitioning to Linux]