Proposal for non-profit

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
21 Jan 2003 00:28:26 -0700

        From page 3-4: "While it has become somewhat trivial to deduce
        how to parse these documents, it is conceivable that future
        revisions will lock in their stored document format, much as
        they have done with the Windows Media Player documents."

I would contend the above should be worded "While it is currently
possible to deduce how to parse these documents" It is not trivial by
any stretch of imagination to deduce how to parse the current MS
documents.

On page 8 where you say:

        "Would open source software leave Our company with a shortage of
        applications? Yes, at present, there doesnt seem to be much in
        the way of a desktop publishing program that can provide the
        functionality of a Quark Express and there isnt a database for
        quick & dirty database files"

You might want to mention that on a case by case basis software such as
"Quark Express" can be used via VMware so if the package is absolutely
required today it can still be used.

Cheers,

Davidm

--
David IS Mandala
gpg fingerprint 8932 E7EF CCF5 1B8C 1B5C A92E C678 795E 45B2 D952