Parts to test motherboard

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:14:26 -0700

(Ok, bear with me here.  Alan is about to ask another off the wall
question.)

I have "inherited" a possibly broken computer.  Windows ME went stupid
on it and the former owner's friend bought a new box and cleaned this
one out "in trade."  It used to be a:

Micronpc.com Millennia RS 2100
Processor: Intel Coppermine 700MHz 66 FSB 128K FCPGA
Memory:    8M x 64 64MB 100MHz SDRAM DIMM

Now, it is a case and motherboard.  Period.  I want to beg or borrow
enough pieces to prove whether or not this thing is really dead.  I can
come up with a hard drive, CD drive, floppy, KB, mouse and monitor.  I
just don't have any RAM or a CPU to try in it.  So, here is the question:

Anyone have a CPU or memory I could borrow long enough to prove that
either the mother board is bad or that it works and the original OS was
just stupid?

BTW, to stay on topic, if this box works, it WILL get Linux installed on it.

Alan