Routing question

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
20 Jan 2003 17:43:43 -0700

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 15:45, David Demland wrote:
> I just got my server up and running after having some problems upgrading the
> kernel. Now my iptables scripts will not route traffic. I have been using
> this script for a while without any problems before. What would cause the
> problem? The script is:

------
less /etc/sysctl.conf

does it have...

net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

suggest also that you have...
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 1

but second one isn't necessary for masquerading a network. The first
is...but I can see that the first line of the script should handle this.

It would be better to see what standard out says when you execute the
script...

/whatever/path/to/monmotha/firewall 2&>1 > /tmp/firewall.txt

and let's see what it logs when it executes.

Craig

Craig