Business card creator?

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 05:38:30 -0700

On Sunday 19 January 2003 03:44 pm, you wrote:
> Star office has a couple of formats for business cards, and OO probably
> does also. Open  Writer>File>New>Business cards.
>
> Lee Einer
>
> Alan Dayley wrote:
> >I am looking around but am not finding what I like yet.  Any
> > recommendations for an app or Open Office template for creating business
> > cards?
> >
> >Alan

Alan's right, both SO and OO have Avery templates for biz cards. You can
create them in GIMP as well and print them on glossy photo stock. Maybe using
background art from kde-look.org.

Just create your design in a new 3.5"x2" 240dpi document. Use separate layers
for the text, etc. so if you want to change things it's e-z. Once you have
the design right copy it to a new 8.5"x11" document multiple times and
arrange them to print a page of cards.

Or see www.americasprinter.com for affordable color biz cards from your file.

Dennis Kibbe