Troubleshooting X

Stephen Andert plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:37:33 -0700

I'm not a total novice, but I may have just gotten lucky on prior linux
installations when setting up Xwindows.

This time, with RedHat 8, my video card was recognized, but my monitor was
not.  But the same machine (video card and monitor) worked fine with some
version of RedHat 7.  I didn't think to save anything from the 7
installation, since this is only a play system that I'm trying to get up so
I can install Oracle and do some additional testing/playing with.

The install works fine with a great looking GUI, but when I try and startx,
I get (EE) No devices detected followed by no screens found.

Any pointers?

Stephen