Sound card problem

Scott H plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:55:20 -0800 (PST)

Silence can be golden, but when you're trying to
figure out how to get sound working and you're a
little new to Linux, well it don't sound all that
great!  I have Mandrake 8.2 on a Compaq Deskpro
4000 and harddrake says the sound card is an ISA
ESS 1869 (and for DMA2/16 it says "yes", whatever
that means).  If I hit "Configuration Tool" it
pops up a window with a list of sound cards and
the ESS1869 highlighted.  If I hit "OK" there,
I'm told there is an error in the modprobe call
"Can't locate module isa-pnp".  So I guess I need
to get this module?  If so, how do I do that?

Thanks,

Scott

.