Redhat Pro or Suse Pro

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:23:16 -0700 (GMT)

I have the Red Hat Linux 7.3 Pro boxed set.  The additional manuals are really nice to have around but I have yet to use the administration tools CD.  And, the contents of the manuals are available on the web and on the CDs so the extra cost may not be worth it to you.

You can do the things you mention, Apache and all that, with any of the popular distros.  If you want Red Hat but want to spend a little less, get the standard version.

As far as burning the CD goes, you have to burn from an image.  Windows based programs are a little funny about not making that operation obvious.  In Adaptec's EZ-CD Creator the correct option is on the File menu, the "Create CD from disk image" selection.  What program do you want to use to burn the CDs?

Alan