Is this for real?

Aaron Cordova plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 05:29:42 +0000

This has got to be one hell of a joke. If M$oft caught wind of the RIAA
considering contracting a company thats sole purpose was to deveop exploits
for one of its products (media player) we would see one of the largest law
suits ever. If the free software foundation knew of this the security holes
in the free player would be patched quickly. Same with winamp, the winamp
team would fix the code. A company long ago tried to ban people from using
napster, there was a fix out in less than a day. Nowadays the P2P networks
have nothing to fear, the clients filter out alot of the malicious material
already.