GNU/Linux on iPAQ

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:41:22 -0700 (MST)

Short story....

HP/Compaq finally delivered and drop shipped a few iPAQs for GNUe to start
some POS/Inventory development on!!!! Okay now that I'm done jumping up
and down...

Is there anyone out there with experience on installing GNU/Linux on the
iPAQ and is there anyone interested in getting experience in doing so?  I
think it would be cool to have meeting where we take these and install
GNU/Linux on them so more than just myself can get the experience of doing
so.  I figured since HP/Compaq was nice enough to donate, I should be nice
enough to let others get the experience so they want to go out and buy one
for themselves. :)

Of course if there is no interest I will gladly jump in with both feet
myself and let everyone know how it goes.

-Derek