ripping and redhat 8

Digital Wokan plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:16:20 -0500

I'd top-post, but I left my flame-retardent underwear at home.  See
below.  :)

Anthony Hologounis wrote:
> I have RH8 installed and am using grip to tip some music cd's.
> I am having a problem with the encoding part of the process.
> The config for Rip shows that I am using cdparanoia.
> That part seems to work...there is a wav file created in the expected
> place.
> The config for the Encode shows grip using lame
> THis is where the problem lies...
> After grip 'rip's' the tune , that is, creates the wav file. I t then
> fails
> on the encode with an errr message:
> "No write access to write encoded file"
> Can some ne help me get past this ?
> Thanks
> Anthony

You have to find out what user lame is trying to record as and what
directory it's trying to write to.  Make sure that user has write
permission on that directory or change grip's config to make lame write
to a directory that already has write permission.