Compaq Contura 3/25

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 20:30:36 -0500

I just got a new laptop (free) Its a Compaq Contura 3/25 (4mb harddrive 25 mhz 386) and I'm looking for a distro that will run on it. I did a google search and came up with very little just a small note in the kernal archive  http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0109.3/0993.html. So I know I can put linux on it. It doesn't have a cd drive, modem or Nic card so it is pretty useless but I don't have to worry about breaking it either. I don't need X windows. I'm perfectly happy in a shell and I'm just going to be using it to explore Linux. I tried a couple of floppy distros that I had laying around BootE and webwolf ,but both wanted a least a 486. Can anybody point me in the right direction,

TIA
Frank Burton