dumb GIMP question

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:28:08 -0700

On Saturday 11 January 2003 11:03 am, you wrote:
> Has anyone tried Photogenics? I've heard a lot about it but haven't been
> able to download it from anywhere. Is it easier than gimp? Is it
> powerful? Is it worth paying for?
>

> Thanks,

While it's nice that Photogenics (I wonder if the company by the same name
that makes photograpic studio lighting will complain about the name) supports
Linux, at $699 they need to prove they are a worthy competitor to the
industry standard - Adobe Photoshop.

I use Photoshop and Corel PhotoPaint nearly everyday and I still enjoy using
GIMP. If you need to do more that just rotate a photo from your digicam I'd
take the time to learn GIMP. It will be time well spent.

Dennis Kibbe