Two apache questions

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
10 Jan 2003 11:48:38 -0700

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 08:50, Mike Starke wrote:

> B. Perhaps an Alias for your image directory might be in order. Something like these two:
>
> DocumentRoot /var/www/xcart/customer/
> Alias /images /var/www/xcart/customer/images
> or
> Alias /images /var/www/images (whereever your images are located)
>
> The first portion of the Alias should be a directory relative to your
> document root.
>
> Or, I suppose you could just create an alias instead of changing the DocumentRoot
>
> Alias /xcart /var/www/xcart/customer
Quick question can you set the Alias directive in a .htaccess file? and
if so would I put it in the /xcart example here?
so if my URL is http://www.mywebsite.com/ and I really want them to go
to http://www.mywebsite.com/dir1/dir2
In my htdocs dir I could create a .htaccess file with an Alias of
/DocumentRoot /DocumentRoot/dir1/dir2 ?

--
Carl Parrish (cparrish@carlparrish.com)
http://www.carlparrish.com