Two apache questions

Patrick Fleming EA plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:21:27 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Miles Beck wrote:

> > RedirectMatch is server side.
>
> I did not see RedirectMatch in httpd.conf is this something I would have
> to add?

This example is from httpd-mailman.conf
#
# Uncomment the following line, replacing www.example.com with your server's
# name, to redirect queries to /mailman to the listinfo page (recommended).

So:
RedirectMatch /xcart[/]*$ http://www.domain.com/xcart/customer
should send them right to the login page. Depending upon the rest of the
configuration this will go in Directory  or in the VirtualHost section.

Since it appears from your previous post that you have administration in
www.domain.com/admin you can't just Redirect or Alias your setup at the
root directory. I had a similar setup and eventually changed it to
something along the lines of admin.domain.com in
/var/www/site(Vhosting)/admin and /var/www/site/www then you can Redirect
traffic matching / right to the shopping cart.

Hope this helps.