Q:Cox service. What to order?

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:06:42 -0500

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 10:54:52AM -0500, alandd@mindspring.com wrote:
/_This was posted as a question to the FAQ section of the PLUG web site:
/_
/_"I want to connect to the internet through COX high speed internet service
/_with my Mandrake 8.2 distrobution. I tried to order online but the only
/_options are MS and Mac. The question. Shouldn\'t I be able to connect without
/_one of those OS\'s? What about if I use a router? Thanks,"
/_
/_Obviously, connection to Cox without MS or Mac is possible.  Using a router is
/_fine or direct connection to the cable modem works to.  However, I don't know
/_how to answer the what to order part.
/_
/_I assume a Linux user could order either MS or Mac and it would not matter
/_because that just specifies what sort of software they will provide to you.
/_Neither of which will be used because Linux provides everything needed.  I
/_don't have Cox service so I am guessing here.  Is this correct?
/_
I suspect you are correct. The software they provide is independent of the service
they offer.

v/r
-Mike