utility not found in path

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:52:38 -0500

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 08:35:59AM -0700, David Fleming wrote:
/_I probably just need more coffee, but ...
/_
/_Using Debian v3.0, running KDE, I opened KDE's archiver (Ark) to create
/_a .zip file (first time I've used Ark), and received the message that
/_the utility "zip" either wasn't installed or was not in my path. Sure
/_enough, not installed. After "apt-get install zip" the utility was set
/_up in /usr/bin/, which is in my path. Zip runs from the command line,
/_but KDE's Ark still complains that zip is not in the path.
/_
/_How do I correct this?

Could it be something as simple as issuing a 'rehash' command?

v/r
-Mike