unerase

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:59:40 -0500 (EST)

> I think he means at the command line he typed rm <file> and it didn't
> show up in the trash. You can recover files deleted in this way although
> its difficult and it might have been written over by now. There is a
> software package that does this but i cant remember the name of it right
> now =/
>
> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 01:07:11PM -0700, Jim wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 11:13, Michael Havens wrote:
> > > How does one unerase? I erasaed from a terminal window so it isn't in the
> > > trash bin, I already checked.

To stop this from happening in the future you can use libtrash.  It's
located at: http://www.m-arriaga.net/software/libtrash/  Basically this is
a library that you can preload in front of any program so that when it
deletes files they get put into the trash.  It's really a very cool idea.

		Have fun,
			Ted