PC Anywhere

Bill Nash plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:33:51 +0000 (UTC)

The closest thing to what Jim is asking for is most like VNC.
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/virtualnetworkcomputing/?topic_id=253)

>From the project description:
 VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. It is, in essence, a remote
display system which allows you to view a computing 'desktop' environment
not only on the machine where it is running, but from anywhere on the
Internet and from a wide variety of machine architectures. VNC is Open
Source and is distributed under the GPL.

Barring that, ssh with X tunneling is excellent for controlling remote
linux machines. ssh is usually fine by itself.

- billn