nvidia gforce4 performance

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
08 Jan 2003 10:18:34 -0700

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 16:39, David A. Sinck wrote:
> \_ I purchased a Gforce4 ti 4400 about two months ago and its windowing
> \_ performance seems to be horrible.  Dragging windows around s
> extreamely
> \_ jerky.  Especially wmms.  I am useing the latest nvidia drivers
> \_ (4191).
>
> Bing.  Loser.  Back off a revision of the nvidia drivers.
> freenode.net/#nvidia says r4191 has 2d issues.

got it,  It is not sooooo bad that I can't just wait for the next one.
I read through the link that David S. sent and got some good
information.  It seems that some people have got it to work fine after
running glxinfo, as if the driver isn't enabling 2d acceleration until
the glx module is accessed.  I will give this a try tonight when I get
home and see how it works out.

Thanks for the info.
--
Bill Warner <wwarner@direct-alliance.com>