Updated OPENSSL package for Debian?

Mon, 6 Jan 2003 21:19:36 -0700 (MST)

Am 06. Jan, 2003 schw=E4tzte Miles Beck so:

> Is there an updated OPENSSL package for Debian greater than OpenSSL-0.9.6=
c?

> ~/Net_SSLeay.pm-1.21$ perl Makefile.PL
> Checking for OpenSSL-0.9.6g or newer...
> You have OpenSSL-0.9.6c installed in /usr
> openssl-0.9.6d and earlier versions have security flaws, see advisory at
> www.openssl.org, upgrading to openssl-0.9.6g is recommended.

http://www.debian.org/security/2002/dsa-136

Security fixes are backported for the stable distribution.

I see that there are newer versions of OpenSSL. Unfortunately they don't
seem to have a page about security, only make a changelog page for the most
recent version, and don't list what the "important bugfixes" are.

apt-get install libnet-ssleay-perl

That will install the module you're trying to get.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Practice socially consious hedonism. Do whatever you want,
#  as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. - der.hans