FreeBSD question

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:01:08 -0700

  JF> It almost looks like the system was built up
  JF> without using *any* of the admin tools.

This would not surprise me, knowing who built it.

  JF> Can I see outputs from the commands below:

  JF> pkg_info

Here we go:

# pkg_info
pkg_info
XFree86-libraries-4.2.0_1 XFree86-4 include/(shared) library kit
Xaw3d-1.5           A 3-D Athena Widget set that looks like Motif
autoconf213-2.13.000227_1 Automatically configure source code on many Un*x platforms
bison-1.35_1        A parser generator from FSF, (mostly) compatible with Yacc
cvsup-16.1f         General network file distribution system optimized for CVS
emacs-21.2_1        GNU editing macros
expat-1.95.2        XML 1.0 parser written in C
ezm3-1.0            Easier, more portable Modula-3 distribution for building CV
freetype2-2.0.9     A free and portable TrueType font rendering engine
gettext-0.11.1_3    GNU gettext package
gmake-3.79.1_1      GNU version of 'make' utility
imake-4.2.0_1       Imake and other utilities from XFree86
jpeg-6b_1           IJG's jpeg compression utilities
libiconv-1.7_5      A character set conversion library
libtool-1.3.4_3     Generic shared library support script
libungif-4.1.0b1    Tools and library routines for working with GIF images
m4-1.4_1            GNU's m4
pgp-2.6.3i          PGP MIT or International version - Public-Key encryption fo
pkg_tarup-1.2_3     Generates binary package from installed package
png-1.2.2_4         Library for manipulating PNG images
popt-1.5.1_1        A getopt(3) like library with a number of enhancements, fro
portupgrade-20020429 Very powerful FreeBSD ports/packages upgrading tool and mor
rsync-2.5.5_1       A network file distribution/synchronization utility
ruby-1.6.7.2002.05.23 An object-oriented interpreted scripting language
ruby-bdb1-0.1.7     Ruby interface to Berkeley DB revision 1.8x with full featu
ruby-fnmatch-1.1b_1 A Ruby module which provides File::fnmatch and File::FNM_*
ruby-optparse-0.8.6 Yet another command line option parser for Ruby
sendmail-8.12.3_1   Reliable, highly configurable mail transfer agent with util
tiff-3.5.7          Tools and library routines for working with TIFF images
ksh-2.05a#